Search Online Playground
A resource center for teachers to enhance learning through integrating movement, exploration and mindfulness into classroom lessons. Many of the activities can be adapted to be used on a playground, at home, in the boardroom and beyond.
Use search bar to search by activity, grade level, keyword, or browse categories below.
Tic Tack Relay
Short description of activity: Teams race to place three beanbags in a row first.
Type of activity: Energizer
Minimum Time Needed for Activity: 10 Min
Grade Level: 1st and up
Subject Area: Energizer
- 4 beanbags each of 2 different colors (or two sets of 4 objects)
- A way to define a 3 x 3 array/tic-tac-toe board
- Define/place tic-tac-toe board on the floor.
- Divide the group into 2 teams. Have teams stand 3 to 6 feet away from the board.
- Rock-Paper-Scissors to decide which team goes first.
- First team places marker in a square. Teams alternate placing markers on the board to make/block tic-tac-toe, rotating through members of the team.
- When all of the beanbags have been placed, players move one of their previously-placed bags to the empty square to attempt to get or block the other team from getting tic-tac-toe.
- Change the way a student approaches/returns from the board: gallop, hop, bear walk, walk backwards, etc.
- student has to place the beanbag on their head or shoulder and get to the board without dropping it.
- Beanbag has to be dropped from the head/shoulder without assist from a hand. If it drops into an unoccupied space that was not intended, it stays there. If it drops into a space that is already occupied by another beanbag, the player picks up their beanbag and the turn is lost.
- Have the player approaching the board blindfolded. Teammates have to give directions from behind the starting line.
- Have the player answer a flashcard, spell a spelling word, etc. before getting to bring a beanbag to the board.