Short description of activity: Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors to find the Super Champion.
Type of activity: Energizer; Team Building
Minimum Time Needed for Activity: 10 minutes
Grade Level: K-12th
Subject Area: None
- Divide the group into pairs.
- Players in each pair face each other with hands behind their back.
- On the signal, players play Rock-Paper-Scissors.
- The person who loses that round becomes the cheerleader for the winner of the round. They follow that player to their next game of Rock-Paper-Scissors, cheering them on.
- The opponent in that round will also have their own cheerleader.
- The person who loses that round, and their cheerleader, becomes the cheerleader for the winner of the round. They follow that player to their next game of Rock-Paper-Scissors, cheering them on.
- At this point, each competitor will have 3 cheerleaders.
- Continue play, with winners gathering larger and larger groups of cheerleaders until there are only two competitors remaining. Final winner is the Super Champion
- Use flash cards or play Fast Hands instead of Rock-Paper-Scissors.
- Use this to divide the group into two random, equal teams.
P.E. Standards> Standard 4E/M: The physically literate individual exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others.