Search Online Playground
A resource center for teachers to enhance learning through integrating movement, exploration and mindfulness into classroom lessons. Many of the activities can be adapted to be used on a playground, at home, in the boardroom and beyond.
Use search bar to search by activity, grade level, keyword, or browse categories below.
How to Play:
- Have students stand up with space around them.
- Students have either a piece of paper or a light folder or book in their right palm. They are not holding the object with their fingers.
- With the paper at waist level, move it around behind their body and transfer it to the palm of their left hand by dropping onto the hand, not using fingers to hold and transfer.
- Bring their left hand around the front and transfer to the right hand.
- Do this a few times before changing directions.
- Do the move at shoulder height.
- Between classes when asking students to take out or return a book/folder/paper, have the students do this move at least once before returning to their seats/putting it away.