Search Online Playground
A resource center for teachers to enhance learning through integrating movement, exploration and mindfulness into classroom lessons. Many of the activities can be adapted to be used on a playground, at home, in the boardroom and beyond.
Use search bar to search by activity, grade level, keyword, or browse categories below.
Give Me Five
To bring students attention in close
- Sit in a comfortable position, either in a chair or criss-cross-applesauce on the floor with plenty of space between you and the people next to you.
- Hold one hand in front of you, palm out and fingers spread, about chest high.
- With the index finger of the other hand, draw the fingertip from the base of the thumb to the tip of the thumb, inhaling as the finger rises. Pause at the top of the thumb.
- Begin exhaling while drawing the finger down the inside of the thumb, ending at the web between the thumb and pointer finger. Finish exhaling all the way and pause.
- Begin to slide the finger up the pointer finger to the top, inhaling as you go. Pause at the top of the pointer finger.
- Begin exhaling while drawing the finger down the other side of the pointer finger, ending at the space between the pointer finger and middle finger. Finish exhaling all the way and pause.
- Continue to the outside of the pinkie finger, down near the wrist and pause.
- If you would like, you could return across the hand in reverse fashion, always pausing at the ops and bottoms of the fingers in between breaths and exhalations.
- Try switching hands and do your breaths across the opposite hand.