Search Online Playground
A resource center for teachers to enhance learning through integrating movement, exploration and mindfulness into classroom lessons. Many of the activities can be adapted to be used on a playground, at home, in the boardroom and beyond.
Use search bar to search by activity, grade level, keyword, or browse categories below.
To help students practice gratitude and presence
- Invite your students to sit or stand in a circle. They should be sitting cross-legged or standing in mountain pose.
- Tell students that they will use a finger from one hand to trace a circle in the air as they breathe. They will start with their finger at the bottom of the circle.
- While breathing in, trace with their finger to the top of the circle. Then as they breathe back out, have their finger trace the rest of the way to the place where they started at the bottom of the circle.
- Have students focus on the circle in front of them, and envision something or someone that makes them happy (fills their bucket, for whom they are grateful, etc) in the circle.
- Repeat three times.
- If you would like, repeat three times with the other hand, moving in the opposite direction around the circle, always keeping the thing that makes them happy in the circle.
- After practicing this multiple times, can you draw two circles- one with each hand- at the same time?
Put your focus on the circle in front of you as you draw it with your finger.