Search Online Playground
A resource center for teachers to enhance learning through integrating movement, exploration and mindfulness into classroom lessons. Many of the activities can be adapted to be used on a playground, at home, in the boardroom and beyond.
Use search bar to search by activity, grade level, keyword, or browse categories below.
Bumble Bee Breath
- Stand in Mountain or sit with a tall, straight spine.
- Take a long, slow breath in through your nose.
- Breathe out slowly, making a “hummmmmmmm” noise for as long as you can exhale.
- Repeat the inhale and exhale a few times.
- Repeat the inhale and exhale a few times with your eyes closed, paying very close attention to how the hum feels. Notice how your lips and throat vibrate.
- Repeat the inhale and exhale a few times with your eyes closed and hands over your ears, so that all you can hear is the hum in your head.
- Try this exercise again using different sounds: “Zzzzzzz,” “Shhhhhh,” “Oooohhhh.”
- What other sound might you try?
Adapted from Yoga 4 Classrooms