Search Online Playground
A resource center for teachers to enhance learning through integrating movement, exploration and mindfulness into classroom lessons. Many of the activities can be adapted to be used on a playground, at home, in the boardroom and beyond.
Use search bar to search by activity, grade level, keyword, or browse categories below.
Short description of activity: Students work together to place their cards in sequence according to the rules of Uno ©
Type of activity: Energizer, Team Building
Minimum Time Needed for Activity: 10 minutes
Grade Level: 2nd +
Subject Area: none
- Deck of Uno © cards
- Deck of traditional playing cards, applying rules of Uno © or Crazy Eights
- Give each student one card.
- Confirm that everyone knows the rules of Uno ©
- Leader chooses a student to be the first card played or places one in the front of the room.
- The first student that has a card that can be played on the first card gets up and stands next to the card.
- If more than one student jumps up at the same time, play rock-paper-scissors to see who gets to be the card played..
- The next person who has a card that may be played goes up and stands next to the person/card last played. Play continues as such until all cards are played.
- If no card can be played, the leader can deal another card next to the last person in line until someone can get up.
- If reaching a point where no card can be played, see if there can be a change in the order that cards have been played that will allow for every card to be played with the fewest additional cards dealt.
- Play cards so that it creates one continuous circle: the first card played should be able to be played after the last card played.