RiseVT partners with individuals, employers, schools, childcare providers, and municipalities to amplify and implement opportunities to make the healthy choice the easy choice. RiseVT utilizes an evidence-based model that engages public-private partnerships, behavior change interventions, and a comprehensive evaluation approach to achieve measurable and sustainable improvement in community health. Started in 2015 in Franklin & Grand Isle Counties out of Northwestern Medical Center, RiseVT is now the lead primary prevention program for OneCare Vermont.
Vermont is the healthiest state in the nation.
To work together in Vermont’s communities to improve the quality of life and build healthy environments where people live, work, learn, and play.
- Always amplify existing work before launching something new.
- It’s all about the community and we invest in each other.
- Listen deeply, be curious. Strong relationships are the key to making change.
Evaluation & Measurement
- Evidence-based prevention models guide our actions.
- Numbers and narratives together tell the story.
- Have patience and learn from things we have tried.
- Healthy lifestyles stem from healthy environments where there is opportunity for everyone to engage.
- You are not alone in your journey to embrace a healthy life-we are all in this together.
- Try new things, and it is ok not to be perfect.
- Embracing healthy lifestyles can and should be fun!
- Activate the community and celebrate each other’s success. We have a lot to learn from one another and we will grow together.
- No judgement as everyone is on their own path at their own speed.