Every day we will be posting a new article filled with resources during this stressful time. To get these recommendations directly in your inbox, sign up to get more daily tips.
If you or someone you know is in need of COVID-19 or mental health resources, please visit OneCareVT’s resource list.
Whether you are finding your CSA box filled with what seems like too many cucumbers or you are receiving a Farmers to Families box or other food assistance box, we want to help you make the most of those food items. This will prevent food waste and may turn your family onto a new favorite veggie. This week the Farmers to Families box was filled with both cucumbers and cabbage. Here are some ways that you can use these two veggies.
- Pickle either one. Sauerkraut is a great way to use up a head of cabbage with relatively few added ingredients. It is tangy and healthy for you. Cucumbers can be quickly picked to make a crunchy topping for rice bowls and sandwiches. You could also brew up some classic pickles to keep for a longer period of time.
- Refresh your water with some cucumber and extra ice. And eat the cucs afterward! You can also create this mocktail for something a bit more fancy.
- You don’t need mayo to enjoy coleslaw. This colorful recipe helps you get more veggies in and creates the perfect summery side.
Other ideas, tips, and resources to keep you and your family healthy, active, and informed during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Exercise is more than losing weight or getting stronger. It can also be about improving self esteem and help you stay positive.
- A simple, summery dinner for you to cook this week: caprese chicken with smashed potatoes.
- Here are art prompts to help you or you child handle anxiety and depression right now.
- This is a great story about local Vermonters helping birds and kids together!
- The nights are getting warmer, providing the perfect opportunity for stargazing!
Does your organization have local virtual events or resources that you want us to share? Feel free to reach out to us via our Facebook page, or contact us via email at email@example.com.