Every day we will be posting a new article filled with resources during this stressful time. To get these recommendations directly in your inbox, sign up to get more daily tips.
If you or someone you know is in need of COVID-19 or mental health resources, please visit OneCareVT’s resource list.
As we move into summer, childcare centers and summer camps are beginning to open up. This may be both a relief for parents who need childcare during work hours, but also a struggle because of concerns for safety. It may also bring up some anxiety in children who have been home for the past few months. Building Bright Futures has put together a blog post that rounds up important resources for you and your child during this transition. Here are some takeaways:
- Start preparing to for a new routine: move bedtime and wake-up times slowly to match up with camp and childcare start times.
- Start talking with your child about going back to school camp and encourage them to check in and identify their emotions.
- Check in on your own emotions and talk about them with your support network.
- Consider working with a mental health professional for you and/or your child
Other ideas, tips, and resources to keep you and your family healthy, active, and informed during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Get in some exercise today with this beginner yoga series!
- Try making some stuffed peppers this week!
- Keep your peace of mind and don’t delay your care! Providers are taking extensive measures to ensure your safety. Don’t let a minor issue become a health emergency.
- Make some art with your kids today!
- Learn to create a nature journal with Clare Walker Leslie with VT Coverts. Register Learn to create a nature journal with Clare Walker Leslie with VT Coverts. Register here.
Does your organization have local virtual events or resources that you want us to share? Feel free to reach out to us via our Facebook page, or contact us via email at email@example.com.