Every day we will be posting a new article filled with resources during this stressful time. To get these recommendations directly in your inbox, sign up to get more daily tips.
If you or someone you know is in need of COVID-19 or mental health resources, please visit OneCareVT’s resource list.
The COVID-19 pandemic is highlighting unequal access in our systems that cause so many Americans to experience undue health inequities because of their race, gender, religion, sexuality, and other identities. On top of the pandemic, recent current events – the tragic deaths of George Floyd, Ahmad Aubrey, and Breonna Taylor, as well as the countless others who have unjustly lost their lives – are also bringing to the forefront issues of racism and inequality. RiseVT’s mission is to prevent chronic disease and make it easy for Vermonters to live healthy lifestyles, and we are deeply committed to addressing health equity as core to our program strategy. We will continue to work with our partners and do anything we can to address racial injustice in our state and ensure everyone has the opportunity to live a healthy life. Thank you for holding us and one another to the highest possible standards of respect and equity for all.
Please consider joining the Peace & Justice Center’s Zoom Panel for Organizing and Racial Justice in Vermont at 6PM tonight to get an overview of what the local groups are doing and how you can get involved.
Other ideas, tips, and resources to keep you and your family healthy, active, and informed during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Stay safe while protesting during the COVID-19 pandemic: wear a mask, maintain social distance, protect your eyes and body, use caution with your technology, and think about your COVID-19 risk and the risk of others before you go out.
- Gyms are beginning to open around Vermont. Later this week we will have tips about staying safe while at the gym. Subscribe to our daily email to get that post in your inbox. https://risevt.org/corona-blog-category/
- Cooler weather has returned to Vermont this week so adding chili to your meal plan is a great idea!
- While the world is beginning to open up, it is ok to continue to feel anxious. For many, circumstances have changed drastically and may not return to “normal”. Take care of yourself, breathe deeply, and move at your own pace.
- Learn about air with the Montshire Museum!
- If you are looking for an open mountain bike trail try the Vermont Mountain Bike Association.
Does your organization have local virtual events or resources that you want us to share? Feel free to reach out to us via our Facebook page, or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.