Every day we will be posting a new article filled with resources during this stressful time. To get these recommendations directly in your inbox, sign up to get more daily tips.
If you or someone you know is in need of COVID-19 or mental health resources, please visit OneCareVT’s resource list.
A lot of what is being asked of us right now is to keep ourselves and our loved ones safe and healthy. We are expected to keep our hands especially clean, wear masks, and maintain 6-feet distance between ourselves and others while we are out and about. At the same time, many of us feel pressure to develop new healthy habits: a new mindfulness technique, a fitness goal, or a new diet change. However, getting a new habit to stick can be difficult. To ensure that healthy habits actually get built into your day, it is important to consciously repeat the habit.
- First, know that habits are not built in a day, or even a week. It takes time and repetition before, for example, you remember to wash your hands more often or wear your mask every time you leave your home.
- Create a support system around habits like fitness goals. It can be easier to keep your goals if you have someone to keep you accountable.
- Finally, don’t be too hard on yourself and start with small changes. We have all recently taken on quite a few new habits related to health, so don’t add too many to that list. Start with one and work your way up.
Other ideas, tips, and resources to keep you and your family healthy, active, and informed during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Try this quick high intensity 4-minute workout.
- Add one of these salads to your meal plan.
- Sign up for this webinar to learn how Integrative Health can improve immunity and your overall health.
- Try this yoga pose of the month with your kids!
- Turtles are on the move! Make sure to keep an eye out for them while driving!
Does your organization have local virtual events or resources that you want us to share? Feel free to reach out to us via our Facebook page, or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.