Every day we will be posting a new article filled with resources during this stressful time. To get these recommendations directly in your inbox, sign up to get more daily tips.
Since the pandemic hit and the Stay Home, Stay Safe order was put in place, schools have continued to offer school meals for pick-up or delivery. This is an important resource for all Vermont families to help relieve the family food budget and ensure kids have the nutritious meals they need for their health and development. Even though all children are currently receiving FREE school meals, submitting school meal applications ensures that schools are able to continue to provide nutritious meals to all children even during the summer months. In addition to helping your school access additional federal funding by qualifying for school meals, you can get added benefits like free or reduced SAT and college application fees for your kids. Watch Hunger Free Vermont’s how-to style video about filling out a school meal application to help your school, community, and food budget!
If you or someone you know is in need of COVID-19 or mental health resources, please visit OneCareVT’s resource list.
Other ideas, tips, and resources to keep you and your family healthy, active, and informed during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Keep moving. Get up and take a short walk even if it is just around your own house.
- We are living in a weird time right now. If you run out of eggs, can’t find them, or are limiting your grocery store trips, a flax egg is a good alternative.
- Here is a 10 Minute Mindfulness Drawing Meditation: Easy Art Tutorial for Relaxation and Self Care. #keepmakingart!
- The Fletcher Free Library has some great teen offerings such as their Makerspace Series!
- Have you ever heard BirdNote? Here is an episode about the Grosbeak which may visit your feeder in the summer!
Does your organization have local virtual events or resources that you want us to share? Feel free to reach out to us via our Facebook page, or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.