Every day we will be posting a new article filled with resources during this stressful time. To get these recommendations directly in your inbox, sign up to get more daily tips.
If you or someone you know is in need of COVID-19 or mental health resources, please visit OneCareVT’s resource list.
As we spend more time outside now that the weather is warmer, it is important to remember to apply sunscreen and protective clothing. Sunscreen of at least 30 SPF is recommended. A common misconception is that different SPF numbers mean that is the amount of time you can spend in the sun without reapplying. In reality, SPF is sun protection factor and the higher the number the greater the amount of protection. You will need to reapply a 30 SPF sunscreen the same amount of times as a 55 SPF sunscreen. Find more sunscreen tips from the CDC here.
Other ideas, tips, and resources to keep you and your family healthy, active, and informed during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- As places begin to open up here are some guidelines for staying safe from the Vermont Department of Health.
- It is important to get moving throughout the day even when you are working from home. Try this at-home workout.
- Your garden may already be producing lettuce. Why not turn it into a big salad!
- This Illustrated Guide to Showing up for Yourself can help you practice self care. Before you can show up for others you have to show up for yourself!
- Try this fun activity to help your kids understand bubbles!
- Enjoy these fun facts about the chickadee!
Does your organization have local virtual events or resources that you want us to share? Feel free to reach out to us via our Facebook page, or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.