Every day we will be posting a new article filled with resources during this stressful time. To get these recommendations directly in your inbox, sign up to get more daily tips.
If you or someone you know is in need of COVID-19 or mental health resources, please visit OneCareVT’s resource list.
Have the past three months felt like they have both dragged on and also passed in a blink of an eye? Our “new normal” may be the cause. When we have fewer memorable events happening, our days seem to drag on and at the same time pass by quickly in retrospect. The podcast, Shortwave, has a great episode to help us understand and overcome these feelings. Take a listen and learn how following a schedule and breaking up your day and week with memorable activities can make a difference. It is also super important to schedule downtime for yourself, especially for those working from home, so that work hours are distinct from personal time.
Other ideas, tips, and resources to keep you and your family healthy, active, and informed during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- It isn’t Halloween, but this is still a fun yoga sequence to do with your kids!
- Cook one of these bowls this week!
- While meditation cannot get rid of money problems, it can help you cope with the stress association with them.
- It’s fun to get a little messy with your kiddos! The Vermont Institute of Natural Sciences has some great activity ideas for kids!
- Spring weather in Vermont is all over the place, but no matter how many clouds are in the sky, it’s a good idea to apply sunscreen!
Does your organization have local virtual events or resources that you want us to share? Feel free to reach out to us via our Facebook page, or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.