Every day we will be posting a new article filled with resources during this stressful time. To get these recommendations directly in your inbox, sign up to get more daily tips.
If you or someone you know is in need of COVID-19 or mental health resources, please visit OneCareVT’s resource list.
It is spring and there are a bunch of feathered visitors that are brightening up our backyards and migratory species that have traveled up from their winter homes in the south. Birdwatching is a way to get outside, be active, and spend time being mindful of your surroundings. You don’t need fancy equipment, although if you have a pair of binoculars, dust them off and bring them with you. You can use a bird guide book or download one of the many free apps to help you identify the bird. This one from Cornell is great! If you are feeling particularly excited, consider visiting the Vermont Audubon web page and signing up for a birdathon team!
Other ideas, tips, and resources to keep you and your family healthy, active, and informed during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Get out there is give yourself a walking goal today!
- Make a frittata for the week!
- Try this free mindfulness class for kids!
- Want to get your kids doing some art but can’t think of something to draw. Here is a silly drawing prompt list to help out!
- Here is an extensive list for anyone thinking about going for a hike and braving rainy weather.
Does your organization have local virtual events or resources that you want us to share? Feel free to reach out to us via our Facebook page, or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.