Monday’s are a great time for resetting. Taking a moment today and set an intention, no matter how small, and start the week off on a good foot. DeStress Monday is a nonprofit public health initiative backed by Columbia, Johns Hopkins, and Syracuse Universities. It can help you get off to a positive start each week using mindfulness, movement, and breathing. Here you can find these basic principles and follow along with prompts each Monday to set you up for the week. Even just taking a moment for yourself this week can help you stay grounded and focused on maintaining a healthy mental status.
Other ideas, tips, and resources to keep you and your family healthy, active, and informed during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Here are some free options to start your week off with a home workout!
- Some plant based casseroles that are easy and minimal clean up and use pantry staples.
- Racing thoughts? Write them down then cross out anything you cannot solve right now. Circle the items that you can do right now.
- For new parents this time can be especially isolating. Good Beginnings of Central Vermont has many virtual resources for you.
- During your walks in the woods, look down and check out the wildflowers that are popping up on the forest floor right now.
Does your organization have local virtual events or resources that you want us to share? Feel free to reach out to us via our Facebook page, or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.