Every day we will be posting a new article filled with resources during this stressful time. To get these recommendations directly in your inbox, sign up to get more daily tips.
If you or someone you know is in need of COVID-19 or mental health resources, please visit OneCareVT’s resource list.
May is Mental Health Awareness month and a good reminder that it is especially important right now to prioritize your mental health. COVID-19 has increased the amount of stress we all feel. You are not alone in these feelings and there are ways that you can get help and help others.
- Reach out to friends and family. It can be an immediate release to talk to connect with others and will likely help them as well.
- Get a good amount of sleep. If you are having trouble try reducing screen time before bed, instead pick up a book or listen to a podcast.
- Make movement a priority. You don’t have to go all out but just taking a quick walk or getting up and stretching every hour is a good place to start.
- Practice mindfulness to stay in the moment. Here is a guide to getting started.
- Keep your body fueled with healthy foods.
Remember you are not alone and do not have to deal with this alone. Here are some resources if you or someone you know is having a mental health crisis. You can also text “VT” to 741741 from anywhere in the USA, anytime, about any type of crisis.
Other ideas, tips, and resources to keep you and your family healthy, active, and informed during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Remember to be safe and move with care during at home workouts to prevent injuries.
- Try this white bean chili recipe with your family tonight!
- Right here, right now. Take a deep breath in. Fill your lungs. Then slowly breathe out.
- From the Artis Tree Community Arts Center is this easy Styrofoam tray stamp idea!
- Interested in conservation? You might find this video from the Intervale Center in Burlington about fiddlehead over harvesting is a great watch.
Does your organization have local virtual events or resources that you want us to share? Feel free to reach out to us via our Facebook page, or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.