Every day we will be posting a new article filled with resources during this stressful time. To get these recommendations directly in your inbox, sign up to get more daily tips.
If you or someone you know is in need of COVID-19 or mental health resources, please visit OneCareVT’s resource list.
Many of us have been home with our families for several weeks and may be running out of things to talk about! One topic that is timely is to discuss the concept of resilience. Here is an excellent post about leading a conversation around how we can build resilience by sharing examples of it in our own family histories. Consider having a conversation like this while around the dinner table, or you can choose from the many other topics featured by the Family Dinner Project. Some of them are lighthearted (for example: If you could only eat one food, what would it be?), while others are deeper (for example: What are the qualities of a good friend?). Choose something that works for your family! As outlined on our Dinner Together page, family meals can have lifelong benefits and now is a perfect time to create a family dinner routine!
Other ideas, tips, and resources to keep you and your family healthy, active, and informed during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Try this yoga video from Vermont-based John McConnell Yoga!
- Watch this refresher on How to Grocery Shop Safely During Coronavirus.
- Organizing can be a way to keep you calm. Here is a beginner’s guide to Feng Shui to give you some inspiration!
- Check out this week’s Art of Emotion prompt and share your art to our Facebook page!
- Container gardening is great because you don’t need access to much space at all to get started!
Does your organization have local virtual events or resources that you want us to share? Feel free to reach out to us via our Facebook page, or contact us via email at email@example.com.