Many are facing sudden financial hardship and this impacts basic everyday needs for food. Good and Cheap cookbook offers recipes designed to cost under $4 per serving, highlighting filling meals perfect for families or individuals. The author gears the book toward those participating in SNAP (aka 3SquaresVT) benefits by keeping the recipes low cost. Anyone can enjoy these low cost, veggie-forward meals.
Other ideas, tips, and resources to keep you and your family healthy, active, and informed during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Start your day off with a walk or, if mornings aren’t your thing, end your day with a walk!
- Tacos are a fun meal to make for the family! There is a little something for everyone on this list!
- Need to get some sleep? Here are some podcasts to help.
- But Why, a Vermont podcast, will provide live programming every Friday at 1 PM starting tomorrow! It is accessible to anyone with access to VPR radio.
- We want to hear from you! Where are your favorite places to enjoy the outdoors in Vermont? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does your organization have local virtual events or resources that you want us to share? Feel free to reach out to us via our Facebook page, or contact us via email at email@example.com.