With everyone home, the sudden cancellation of after school activities, and inability to visit friends, now more than ever we are eating dinner together as a family. Did you know that there are quite a few benefits to eating dinner together as a family? For children and teens, dinner together can help them do better in school, reduce risky behaviors, and supports social-emotional development among other things. For recipes, dinner table conversation starters, and more information on the benefits of family dinner, check out our Dinner Together resources here!
Other ideas, tips, and resources to keep you and your family healthy, active, and informed during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- For folks who want to run outside but lose connection with the Rise to 5k training. Try doing the warm up and cool down inside and then use the free GymBoss timer app during your run to keep track of your intervals.
- Tired of cooking for every meal? This vegetable minestrone soup is easy, packed with protein, and will get you through a couple meals if you double the recipe.
- With Arbor Day on Friday, here are some tree drawing tutorials to calm you down this week.
- PBS has free educational programming and a newsletter for parents!
- Artistically stack your firewood for winter this year!