Every day we will be posting a new article filled with resources during this stressful time. To get these recommendations directly in your inbox, sign up to get more daily tips.
If you or someone you know is in need of immediate assistance please call 2-1-1 for services. For more information on Federal Relief payments please visit the IRS website.
Teens have faced a series of losses as this crisis has progressed. They have not been able to spend time with their peers and many have had major milestones cancelled like graduation and prom. While we know we cannot bring back those things, we do want to help teens during this time. The Fletcher Allen Library has some great virtual activities for teens. To improve family dynamics, try giving your teens a role in decision making. It is also good to realize that solo free time is important for everyone now. Finally, check in with your teen’s mental health – they are likely feeling the same feelings as adults right now.
Other ideas, tips, and resources to keep you and your family healthy, active, and informed during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Stay protected from the products keeping us protected! Read: Avoid Poisoning During Pandemic: 5 Covid-19 Safety and Cleaning Tips.
- We are excited to workout with Andrea tomorrow at 5 pm live! If you haven’t registered you can do so at https://risevt.org/rise-to-5k-statewide/
- Find out more about when summer farmer’s markets will be open this year.
- A bunch of meditations for anytime you need them.
- Teen vaping is a huge problem in Vermont. Help your teens quit to protect their health now and in the future.
- Join Chittenden County Forest, Ethan Tapper, for this webinar about forest management tonight from 7 pm – 8 pm.