What is RiseVT?
RiseVT is a community collaborative to embrace healthier lifestyles, improve the quality of life and lower healthcare costs where we live, work, play and learn.
RiseVT offers your opportunities within your community, workplace, school and daily life to embrace a healthy lifestyle. RiseVT motivates, inspires and works with individuals and families to help them make small changes in their lives that will have a big impact on their health. In addition, RiseVT has strategically placed Health Advocates around Franklin and Grand Isle to work with schools, businesses and municipalities to wrap around our residents to create an environment where the healthy choice is the easiest choice.
Why Rise VT?
Good health is the key to a happy life. Get involved for your own personal well-being, for your family, and for your future. Joining RiseVT will give you tools, support, reward and recognition for committing to healthy changes.
When did RiseVT launch?
We launched June 1, 2015. In January of 2018 we will slowly be adopted as state-wide initiative.
How is RiseVT funded?
RiseVT is funded through Northwestern Medical Center. We are looking into public, private partnerships and how those will play a key role in the longevity of the program.
How do I get involved?
Visit the website and take the pledge. This is your first step to getting involved with RiseVT. Eat well by focusing on fresh, health, and local foods. Move more by encouraging physical activity that fits into our lives. Stress less by slowing down, think deeply and enjoy life. Be tobacco free by freeing yourself from smoking and open doors to better health. Nurture connections with community spirit, collaboration, volunteering, fellowship. These connections enrich our lives.
Can I find you on social media?
You sure can! Stay connected with RiseVT on social media and share your stories to inspire others by tagging us @RiseVT or #RiseVT. Together we can do great things!
Who is eligible to join?
RiseVT targets five groups to most effectively reach throughout our community:
- Businesses – building innovative, flexible work-site wellness programming
- Schools – tapping into the energy and spirit of our teachers, educators, mentors and children
- Childcare – committed to and actively creating healthy environments for the children
- Municipalities – creating healthy environments and policy change to support them
- Individuals – creating sustainable change through engagement with RiseVT
Are there financial costs affiliated with getting involved?
There are no financial costs affiliated with getting involved in RiseVT.
What issues does RiseVT address?
RiseVT’s works collaboratively with community organizations to make the healthiest choice the easiest choice, and the easiest choice the healthy choice. RiseVT aims to lift the health and well-being of Franklin and Grand Isle residents. It serves as a support system for the community in wellness by working with current community organizations, schools, activities, and resources while celebrating everyone involved.
How much time do we have to commit when we take the pledge?
By taking the pledge you “pledge to become a Rise Vermonter and learn about simple lifestyle changes I can make that I know will give me lasting benefits to my health and well-being.” From there, the time commitment is up to you. We are here to connect you with other opportunities to engage with RiseVT including:
- Find your RiseVT Score – a starting place for you to begin your journey to better health. Find the individual scorecard HERE
- Talk to our RiseVT Health Coach at email@example.com. Our health coach is available to work one-on-one to achieve your wellness goals, connect you to local resources, provide support, and make referrals.
- Take the online Personalized Health Assessment to learn more about your personal health and well-being. Start your personal wellness journey HERE
- By taking our pledge you will receive our monthly e-newsletter highlighting major initiatives, updates, article, and more resources.
- And more!
Is my individual scorecard confidential?
Yes. If you choose to take our individual scorecard we do not release any of the information. We take your health goals very seriously and value privacy for our Rise Vermonters in the community. The data gathers is de-identified in order to provide data trends throughout Franklin Grand Isle counties from year to year.
What kind of resources does RiseVT have to offer?
Once you take the pledge and complete the scorecard you will get an automatic response from us. From there, you choose where you want to go with RiseVT.
Talk to our RiseVT Health Coach at firstname.lastname@example.org. Together you can discuss your goals for health, raise your RiseVT Score by connecting you with local resources and understand your current health status by completing a Personal Health Assessment.
- Follow us on social media.
- Get your employer, school or town involved by following up with our RiseVT Wellness Specialist at email@example.com
- Find local resources, trails and paths that you may not not know about and enjoy all that Franklin and Grand Isle has to offer via our healthy way-points map: HERE
What kind of events does RiseVT have to offer?
RiseVT loves to amplify events across the region. You will often find us at some of you favorite local events across the region with engaging activities for all ages and RiseVT swag to help you start your journey to a healthier you.
How does RiseVT keep track of progress or do I keep track for myself?
A combination of the two! One way to keep track is the score card. However, if you’d like more assistance we can put you in contact with our health coach to make sure you are staying on track towards Embracing a Healthier Lifestyle.
Is RiseVT statewide?
Our focus area is Franklin and Grand Isle counties. We are in the early stages of rolling out RiseVT state-wide.
Where is RiseVT headquarters?
We are located at:
133 Fairfield Street
St. Albans, Vermont 05478